There is a danger of losing words of the natural world, buried under a mound of technological language. Words that conjure sunshine and breezes and long days playing outside. A rich landscape of wild imagination and wild play. Feather & Hay is dedicating a warp to the beautiful poetry book Lost Words. -
The textiles from this warp will conjure, like the spells from the book, this language back into our lives......
Each piece will pay homage to words such as Dandelion, Heather, Starling and Kingfisher.
The pieces are hand woven on a floor loom which is an ethical and traditional process with yarns chosen for quality and sustainability. Made in environmental harmony to dissolve barriers between ourselves and nature.
The warp is a Merino/Tencel yarn hand painted here in the Scottish countryside in soft yet rich tones of fern and moss green, deep mud browns, granite grey and lichen yellow.
The mix of Merino & Tencel combines softness and shine. It is a touchable yarn - a perfect choice for strokable, gentle and gorgeous fabric.
Scarves and shawls are currently being woven. There may be the opportunity to own a baby wrap within this theme. Please register your interest for BABY WRAPS here.
Lost Words Overview
- The warp: a hand painted 80% Merino wool with 20% Tencel yarn
- The weave: a range of plaited twills
- The weft: a range of fibres available including Tencel, Merino wool, Fine Lambswool & Cashmere blend, Nettle & Silk blend and more
- The pieces available: long scarves, bandannas, baby wraps
- Semi-Custom: there are opportunities to get a piece hand woven to the client's specifications