Your privacy is critically important to us. At Feather & Hay, we have a few fundamental principles:
- We are thoughtful about the personal information we ask you to provide and the personal information that we collect about you through the operation of our services.
- We store personal information for only as long as we have a reason to keep it.
- We aim to make it as simple as possible for you to control what information we use.
- We aim for full transparency on how we gather, use, and share your personal information.
Who We Are and What This Policy Covers
Hi! We are the folks behind a variety of hand woven products and services designed for and inspired by the countryside. We will only collect, store and use your personal information for specific purposes under lawful basis. We use your personal information to support and develop our connection with you. We only share your personal data in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, GDPR and other appropriate laws. You may contact Feather & Hay at any time with any privacy queries or concerns and to see the personal data you have given us and request modification, erasure or to transfer your data.
- Our website featherandhay.com
- Our mailing list
- Other products and services that are available on or through our websites
Below we explain how we collect, use, and share information about you, along with the choices that you have with respect to that information.
Information We Collect
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so–for example, to provide our Services, to communicate with you, or to make our Services better.
We collect information in three ways: if and when you provide information to us, automatically through operating our services, and from outside sources. Let’s go over the information that we collect.
Information You Provide to Us
It’s probably no surprise that we collect information that you provide to us. The amount and type of information depends on the context and how we use the information. Here are some examples:
- Basic Account Information: We ask for basic information from you in order to set up your account. For example, when using the website i.e. to purchase an item we require individuals to sign up for an account to provide a username and email address. You may provide us with more information–like your name & postal address–but we don’t require that information to create your account.
- Transaction and Billing Information:If you buy something from us–you will provide additional personal information that is required to process the transaction and your payment, such as your name and contact information. Payment information is processed through PayPal so that we do not need to store information such as a credit card.
- Communications with Us (Hi There!): You may also provide us information when you respond to surveys, comment on the website or write reviews (although these can be added anonymously.
Information We Collect Automatically
We also collect some information automatically:
- Log Information: Like most online service providers, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information.
- Usage Information: We also collect information about what happens when you use our Services (e.g., page views, support document searches, button clicks) along with information about your device (e.g., mobile screen size, name of cellular network, and mobile device manufacturer). We use this information to, for example, provide our Services to you, as well as get insights on how people use our Services, so we can make our Services better.
- Location Information: We may determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We collect and use this information to, for example, calculate how many people visit our Services from certain geographic regions. We may also collect information about your precise location via our mobile apps (when, for example, you post a photograph with location information) if you allow us to do so through your mobile device operating system’s permissions.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may also get information about you from other sources. Such as Facebook & Twitter.
We may also get information from third party services about individuals who are not yet our users (…but we hope will be!), which we may use, for example, for marketing and advertising purposes.
How We Use Information
We use information about you as mentioned above and as follows:
- To provide our Services–for example, to set up and maintain your account.
- To further develop our Services–for example by adding new features that we think our users will enjoy.
- To monitor and analyze trends and better understand how users interact with our Services, which helps us improve our Services and make them easier to use;
- To monitor and protect the security of our Services, detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, fight spam, and protect the rights of Feather & Hay and others;
- To communicate with you about offers and promotions offered by Feather & Hay and others we think will be of interest to you, solicit your feedback, or keep you up to date on Feather & Hay and our products; and
- To personalize your experience using our Services, provide content recommendations and serve relevant advertisements.
How We Share Information
We do not sell our users’ private personal information.
We share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
- Third Party Vendors:We may share information about you with third party vendors who need to know information about you in order to provide their services to us. This group includes vendors that help us provide our Services to you (like payment providers that process your credit and debit card information) and those that help us understand and enhance our Services (like analytics providers). We require vendors to agree to privacy commitments in order to share information with them.
- As Required by Law: We may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request. For more information on how we respond to requests for information about WordPress.com users, please see our Legal Guidelines.
- To Protect Rights and Property: We may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Feather & Hay, third parties, or the public at large. For example, if we have a good faith belief that there is an imminent danger of death or serious physical injury, we may disclose information related to the emergency without delay.
- With Your Consent:We may share and disclose information with your consent or at your direction. For example, we may share your information with third parties with which you authorize us to do so, such as the social media services that you connect to your site through our Publicize feature.
- Aggregated and De-Identified Information: We may share information that has been aggregated or reasonably de-identified, so that the information could not reasonably be used to identify you. For instance, we may publish aggregate statistics about the use of our Services.
Information Shared Publicly
Information that you choose to make public is–you guessed it–disclosed publicly. That means, of course, that information like your public profile, posts, other content that you make public and your “likes” and comments, are all available to others. Public information may also be indexed by search engines or used by third parties. Please keep all of this in mind when deciding what you would like to share.
While no online service is 100% secure, we work very hard to protect information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so. Feather & Hay uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), the industry standard, for encrypting all personal information, including name and address
You have several choices available when it comes to information about you:
- Limit the Information that You Provide:If you have an account with us, you can choose not to provide the optional account information, profile information, and transaction and billing information. Please keep in mind that if you do not provide this information, certain features of our Services–for example, becoming a tester, may not be accessible.
- Limit Access to Information On Your Mobile Device:Your mobile device operating system should provide you with the ability to discontinue our ability to collect stored information or location information via our mobile apps. If you do so, you may not be able to use certain features (like adding a location to a photograph, for example).
- Opt-Out of Electronic Communications:You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us. Just follow the instructions in those messages. If you opt out of promotional messages, we may still send you other messages, like those about your account and legal notices.
- Set Your Browser to Reject Cookies:You can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies before using Automattic’s websites, with the drawback that certain features of Feather & Hay’s website may not function properly without the aid of cookies.
- You have the right to rectify, erase, transfer and object to our data processing. You can withdraw consent and have the option to erase personal data, and stop further collection and processing of the data. You can do this by contacting Feather & Hay and requesting any of the latter. You can also edit/delete your account via the website and/or the sign up form/mailing list.
Other Things You Should Know (Keep Reading!)
By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing, transfer, and storage of information in and to the U.S. and other countries, which may have rights and protections that are different from those in your home country.
Ads and Analytics Services Provided by Others
By visiting this website with and clicking ok the cookie notice, you are consenting to Feather & Hay using cookies for the purposes described below in order to provide you with a fully efficient shopping experience.
- The data we collect through these cookies is solely for the purpose of improving our website and your browsing experience – it is never used to identify you and we would never share or sell on this data.
- You can block cookies via your browser but please be aware this may effect your user experience.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file which is downloaded and stored on your computer or mobile device by websites that you visit.
Your browser accesses the cookie file only when you visit the website that produced it. This helps to ease your navigation by automatically logging you in and remembering things like your preferences and what’s in your shopping basket.
The information stored within any given cookie can only be accessed by the website that created it and cookies are limited to communicating only the information that you have disclosed to the site.
Types of cookie:
Session (or Transient) Cookies
Session cookies are stored in your computer’s memory for the length of your browsing session. They become inaccessible after the session has been inactive for a time and are automatically deleted from your computer when the browser is closed. They allow you to move from page to page without having to log-in repeatedly. Persistent (or Permanent) Cookies
Persistent cookies are stored in your computer memory and are not deleted when the browser is closed. They are used to keep your preferences for the website, so they will be remembered for next time you visit the website. They are also used to collect information about the numbers of visitors, the average time spent on a particular page and analyse shopping behaviour on the website. This information is used to find out how well the website works and where it can be improved.
Flash Cookies (or Locally Shared Objects)
You probably have Adobe Flash installed on your computer. Websites that contain Flash can also store small files on your computer that are used in the same way as cookies.
Flash cookies can also back up the data that is stored in other cookies. When you delete cookies, your Flash cookies are not affected. So a website may still recognise you if it backed up the deleted cookie information on a Flash cookie.
Information about the Cookies we use:
Necessary cookies enable core functionality. The website cannot function properly without these cookies, and can only be disabled by changing your browser preferences.
Analytical cookies help us to improve our website by collecting and reporting information on its usage.
Social Sharing Cookies
We use some social sharing plugins, to allow you to share certain pages of our website on social media. These plugins place cookies so that you can correctly view how many times a page has been shared.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Links to third party Privacy Policies